The 2022 Waukee Citizen of the Year Award is given to recognize Waukee area residents for dedicated volunteer efforts that lead to making Waukee a great place in which to live, work, play and learn. This award is a joint effort between the City of Waukee and the Waukee Area Chamber of Commerce.
Nominees shall demonstrate excellence in one or more of the following areas:
– Volunteer service in the Waukee community that is above and beyond what is expected.
– Exemplary character, commitment and/or leadership, either as an individual or through an organization, which makes a positive difference in Waukee.
– Helping others without personal or monetary compensation.
– Involvement in more than one area of interest over a period of time that has resulted in significant, positive impact within the City of Waukee.
Other conditions of nominations:
– Previous Citizen of the Year award recipients are ineligible.
– Nomination information may be used for publicity purposes.
– Nominee must reside within Waukee city limits.
– The deadline for nominations is December 18, 2022.
– A selection committee will review all qualifying nominations and collectively select a recipient.
– The recipient shall not be selected solely on the number of nominations received for a single nominee.
– All decisions of the selection committee are final.